While I'm getting you up to speed on the blog, I thought I'd share a funny story about something that happened to my friend Dan. Since I'm sure you love a good laugh as much as the next girl, I'll share:
I think the new Target by my house is still getting their employees up to speed, because some of them aren't so bright. I was at the checkout last Saturday night when it suddenly occurred to me that the Daylight Savings time-change weekend must be approaching. So I asked the cashier:
Me: Hey, do you know if Daylight Savings is this weekend?
Target Cashier: I don't think we have those kinds of savings.
Me: [confused silence, followed by] What kind of savings?
Target Cashier: Daylight savings.It was suddenly clear to me that she was confusing Daylight Savings with some type of Kmart-style Bluelight savings event, so I tried to clarify:
Me: No, I mean Daylight Savings, like, turn-back-the-clock Daylight Savings.
Target Cashier: I don't think we have that, but you can ask the Service Counter. They have all of our print ads.
At that point I just gave up, but I did seriously consider taking her advice to visit the Service Counter and inform them that one of their employees would most certainly be an hour early to work next weekend.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment