When you live in a place with more palm trees than snow shovels, stereotypical images of Christmas just don't work. It's awfully hard to go on a sleigh ride at the beach, after all. Hot Cocoa and ear muffs lose their appeal when paired with shorts. Yesterday, when my girlfriend invited us over for Christmas Eve cocktails I thought, "wow, she's planning ahead this year" but then I realized, it's only 5 days away. I bet I know what's throwing me off. I didn't put up a Christmas Tree or Holiday Lights this year. The tree huggers here are worried my lights will fry up the planet with global warming even though I only turn them to simmer. I don't know if you picked up on my sarcasm, but I'm just not in the holiday mood this year. I think as long as we live in Cali we're going to need to start some new traditions. You know, something to get us enjoying the constant 65-70 degree weather so that when we move again in a few years we'll be really miserable and cold. I'll run it by the family for suggestions.
Watch for upcoming pictures from our first family Christmas...outside.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment