Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hey look! A recipe!

You know how there are all those blogs out there that post gorgeous, mouth-watering recipes, and there are photographs of the ingredients all symmetrically arranged on the counter, the lighting is just perfect and you just swear you can actually hear a pot bubbling cheerfully on the stove?

Well this is not one of those blogs.

If you ever see a recipe posted at this blog, you can be sure it has been posted because:

A) It was cheap.
B) I had the ingredients on hand; and
C) There were only a few.
D) It will get me out of the kitchen as quickly as possible.

Those are the only recipes I use.

Ever.

Actually, one time I took a dish to a potlock and it contained dill weed.  I am proud of that.  Dill weed is an exotic ingredient, by my standards.

Anyway, back to my recipe.  I found it on a Crock-Pot blog and I fixed it for my husband last week when the temperatures on base were over 100 degrees for several days without air--it was a hit with hungry husband.

BBQ Porkloin Sammies

Ingredients:

A pork loin
A couple cans of Diet Coke
BBQ Sauce

Put the pork loin in the Crockpot and cover it with the Diet Coke and about a cup of BBQ sauce.  Cook on low all day (8-9 hours).  Shred the meat.  It will fall apart.  Top with a little more BBQ sauce and serve on onion buns.  I topped ours with cole slaw to help beat the heat.  

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Cassandra said...

These things must be good! Especially to keep you in your house last week!

We abandoned the house all together for meals during "Hell Preview Week."