Taco Salad. Yum-o as that pest on Food TV would say.
So here's what you're gonna do to wow your family this week.
Brown 1# of ground beef or turkey in a skillet. Drain off the grease and return the pan to the range. Add to the cooked meat 2 cans of chili beans and 1 jar (I think it's about 12 ounces) of salsa. Simmer it for about 15 minutes. It should look like this:
Return the pan to the stove and add one bag or half head of shredded lettuce, one bag or about 2 cups of shredded cheese, and a small can of sliced black olives. Mix it all together.
I know it sounds gross but the best ideas always do, right?
Serve over Fritos. I like Chili Cheese Fritos but you can use plain if you want. Or maybe Tostitos.
It should look something like this - cell phone optional.
Yum right? I added jalapenos after I took the picture but I didn't want to scare you.
Enjoy!


2 comments:
Wow that looks good. Maybe I should bite the bullet and get some shredded soy cheese to try this one!
Wow, that does looks good - despite being a bit freaked out by putting the lettuce in the pot too! :) I'll have to try it, but since Collin is crazy and doesn't like beans, I'll have to make some adjustments for him. Bah.
Oh, and I like the serve over fritos idea too - it reminds me of the BBQ salad I LOVED at Big Mouth BBQ in Montana. Thanks for sharing!
PS - You know, Rachael Ray doesn't bother me nearly as much on 30 minute meals as she does on her talk show.
Post a Comment