Sunday, March 16, 2008

Military Housing - One more thing to love

I've never blogged about my job before. Mostly because I've never thought of anything positive to say about the place. Today, I don't have anything positive either but I'm asking for advice. Or maybe I'm just venting.


Since the very beginning, I haven't really liked this job. I took it because I was bored at home and since it's nearly impossible to find a job in this town, I signed on. I'm vastly over qualified and underpaid but that's another story. The entire time I've been with the company I have ACTIVELY sought out other positions in our town. I've been pretty unsuccessful.



So Saturday night I went to a spouses function (I HATE spouses functions) and one of the girls I work with was there. She ended up sitting next to me despite the fact I have been very clear about my adverse feelings toward her. She's management but in a different division than me.

After some talk at a table full of spouses she says, "I"m really sorry about Pat" (a reference to my boss) I expressed concern about who his replacement might be and she made a sad face. She said, "Oh, I guess you haven't heard. They're elminating your position to save money on the project." I guess she wanted to see me squirm, cry, get upset, etc. Poor thing, she didn't get what she expected. I couldn't have been more excited! I asked her when they were going to let me know. She said not for a month because they need me to train someone else how to do my job. (She's not very bright, you see. Who tells someone they are going to let them go a month before they do it? Duh.) No one trained me. I had to call strangers, read business plans and dig through Pat's coffee stained binders to find out what the AF wanted from me. I'm not going to sit around and teach someone else how to do my job while I could be enjoying California. Are you kidding me? Especially since they're going to make sure I can't collect unemployment by offering me a full time salaried position that works nights and weekends too. So I guess my question is: Should I quit this week or next?

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

You're too good for 'em. Let them fend without you for a while!