Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cali Sucks

I've given California 6 months to get on my good side and in my opinion she hasn't really made much of an effort. The weather is okay if you like sunny and 70 all the time. I thought I would, but I can't say that I do. I mean, how do you call in sick and lay in bed all day when it's sunny out? I need a good thunder storm in the springtime. I've actually gone to work every single scheduled day! Mind you I've been a late a few times, but I've been there. What about the shopping here? It's pathetic. I have to drive an hour to get a Coach bag or good shoes! The closest thing we have to good shopping is a Target and I have to drive 35 minutes just to get there. Everyone says I should go to the beach. I have. The water is cold. FREEZING actually. You can't swim in it. This is not the California I visited as a little girl. This California Sucks.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

As a Native Californian, let me say, "hehehehehe." Yeah, it's never what anyone expects. My hubby tried to get scuba certified in the Pacific off the coast of California but his partner got hypothermic - in a wet suit.

Oh, and "Cali?" Ugh. Yeah, "Cali" sucks. California, on the other hand has a charm all its own!

Calling it "Cali" in my presence will get your ear flicked.