Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Britney? Be serious.

One of the guys at work has been calling me Britney for a few weeks. Today, when I saw him in the tech area and he said, "hey, Brit" I wondered 1) why aren't any of the other techs correcting him and 2) do they all think my name is Britney? Let me tell you, if someone has been calling you by the wrong name for over a month, you really should consider a legal name change. That way no one feels awkward or so what I'm about to tell you never repeats itself. Okay, it goes something like this:

Fernando says: "I have a confession to make. I've been calling you Britney since I started working here. "


I think: Okay, no big deal.


Then he says: "Not because I think your name is Britney"


I make a weird face that I'm sure looked like: huh?


He finishes: "but because you look like Britney Spears."


Me: Dead Silence.


Now, I'm not the shy type and I usually am not at a loss for words, but I'm pretty sure I didn't say much after that confession. Just in case you've been living in a cave with Bin Laden lately, Britney isn't hosting her "A" game right now. I really don't care to be her "twin". He tried to rescue his confession by telling me that he meant before she went crazy but I'm pretty sure she was white trash then too. Either way, I can't find the resemblance. What do you think?






In case you are having a hard time telling the difference, the one over here is Britney (Looks to me like Pre Mental Breakdown)





And this one here. This is me. Breakdown Pending.

Oh, and it should be noted that if I was Britney Spears or even knew her I would suggest that she find a better hairstylist. Apparently no one in her posse is brave enough to tell her that her extensions look cheap.

No comments: