Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gettin' my learn on again

Last week I got the wild and crazies and decided to go back to college. I actually decided around 3:00pm that it was a good idea and by 6:30pm I was sitting in class. One small detail I had forgotten about college - I continued to age, freshman, in general, didn't. As I sat in my too small desk (apparently the college didn't realize I was going to continue to eat after my first go 'round) I noticed that I am SO OLD! The other students are just "kids". Oh, and there is a girl in my class that makes me think scraping my eyeballs out with a rusty soup spoon would be easier than listening to her talk. There's one in every group. She's young and not really all that bright. What's worse is that she is flirty with the boy on the other side of me. He plays basketball for the college and so she's taken to throwing wads of paper over my head into the trash can so he notices her athleticism. Then she does that silly giggly girl thing that I never learned. She also asks really dumb questions (ex. "If I get two A.A. degrees isn't that the same as a B.A?" "Can we read the entire book and do the homework this weekend instead of following the schedule?", etc.) and I cringe when she raises her hand. Of course, she ALWAYS raises her hand. I"m back to class tonight for another round of "that girl".

No comments: