Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lake Bottolfini

Last week we had terrible storms on the Central Coast. We took a poll to see what the trees on base thought of the storm. Here are the results:





I'm surprised anyone noticed at all.




This is why you DO NOT plant tall trees in sand (says my mother). These trees were up all over base, and when they fell, they took power lines and cars down with them! If you look closely, you'll see how tall these roots are in comparison with the houses and fences (about 14 feet in the air!) Cool, huh?


Not so cool is our backyard.


We got a little rain on our porch. Carl tried to dig a trench in the mud/sand mix to help (don't ask) but it didn't go well. Now we're asking for a french drain. Oh, I mean a freedom drain. Whatever. I understand before they can do any work on the drains we'll be required to gather animals two-by-two, just in case.

No comments: