Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I am a military wife- therefore I stamp

It all started so innocently. I hadn't lived in CA for more than six hours when there was a knock at my door. Another wife was having a Pampered Chef party and I was invited to attend. I was so flattered that they had invited me I never noticed that I was just their "fresh meat". Apparently all wives sell something - Pampered Chef, Stampin UP, Mary Kay, Avon, Body Shop, etc. - to supplement their income while moving every three years. I was the new girl on the block that was going to be suckered into hosting endless parties. What I didn't realize was that I was going to get so hung up on stamping!

I'm totally addicted. I'm sure you've seen my attempt to squeeze a holiday out of every month just so I can buy new stamps and craft a card to send. It helps that my friend, Diane, is wicked creative and shows me awesome tricks! I go to stamp workshops and parties every opportunity I get. I basically work at GMH to support my habit. Carl has even started to take an interest in what I bring home, not that he's going to be stamping anytime soon.


2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Yep. We all get sucked into this when we're new. It's why it's so hard to get people to throw parties after they've been married to the military for a few years - we get all burnt out.

We go from "fresh meat" to "ground round" pretty quickly, around here.

Diane said...

Great blog! Thanks for iviting me to share it. =)