Monday, September 22, 2008

GratiTuesday

It's GratiTuesday so you know it must be time for me to give a little shout out to the Lord for something in my life for which I am wicked grateful.

I am grateful that God trusts me to care for such medically fragile pets.

At first, when Rajah became paralyzed and the bills started to mount into the tens of thousands I said to the Lord, "Why me?"  I didn't understand why God was punishing me.  I was angry with God.

Then, when Divita was diagnosed with Addison's Disease (among other things) and I faced years of very expensive medical treatments all over again I asked God again, "Why are you punishing me?"

It was only a few months ago that I realized this isn't punishment at all.  This is a gift.  God knows that I can be trusted to care for Rajah, Divita and now Bruiser like no one else can.  He knows that my love for animals far exceeds what most humans can comprehend and I know He plans for these animals to wind up in my care.  

For that I am so grateful.  Not to mention the love I receive in return makes my heart sing.

Amen.

2 comments:

the mccann clan said...

Wow, thanks for that! It definitely gives me a new lease on our beloved Cailin and her cancer. You know, I'm just in awe that God would even create something so sweet as puppies that give us pure pleasure (well, mostly pure pleasure!) ;o)

Cassandra said...

That's what gratitude is all about. There's honestly nobody I know who could take better care of our furry friends.