Tuesday, September 30, 2008

GratiTuesday - *UPDATED*

It's Tuesday so you know it must be time for GratiTuesday where I give a little shout out to the Lord for something which I am wicked grateful.

Today I'm going to post about my "mama".


Mama and I haven't always been close. We had the ups and downs that normal girls and their moms have.

When I was a teenager I moved out and decided I could do it on my own.

I can, but I don't wanna.

I'm grown now and I still like to "need" my mama.

Actually, she raised me to do it all on my own. I'm a smart girl and I know I can do it.

But I love my mama and I want her around.

I like her to visit. She's smart. And funny.

And when I'm hurt or sick. I still call her.

When I'm sad. I want my mom.

When I'm alone or confused. I call my mom.

I'm grateful God made moms and I'm especially grateful He made mine.

Now call your mama and tell her you love her.

Do it.

And if you don't have a mama. Call mine. She'll love to hear from you.

You know why?

Cause she's a mama, silly.

I love you mama. You're my best friend.

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

I'm glad you like your Mom. She sounds like a cool lady. Not all of us are so lucky.

the mccann clan said...

"Her children will rise up and call her blessed..." - Proverbs 31:28

I'm so glad you have a good mama, I do too, and I'm ever so grateful!

I've borrowed your GratiTuesday idea for my own blog - I hope you don't mind. I just love that you do this, and "imitation is the highest form of compliment" after all! :)

Love ya!
Janelle

the mccann clan said...

How sweet - I love the picture! So you've been a dog lover from the beginning, eh? :) It's a lot of fun to see you as a young girl! Thanks for sharing!