
It's Works For Me Wednesday again over at Shannon's and this week I had to ask my husband for help. I have disconnected head (a cold) and seriously couldn't think of ANYTHING that Works for Me!
He told me that I do something he's never seen anyone do before so I'm going to share it. Hopefully it's an original!
I make a lot of gravy (i.e. Marinara Sauce) from scratch and it's messy.
Really messy.
It has to boil for hours so sometimes the sides and bottom of the stock pot have sauce burns on them. The kind you can soak and soak for hours and they never come off.
I also do some serious baking once a year or so and my pans get burnt "yuck" on them as well.
Here's the fix:
Fill the pan with hot water and toss a fabric softener sheet in it over night. The next morning just wipe it out.
Wah-lah. No more burnt on anything and the pot shines like new.
Just make sure you rinse it well before you put it away. No one wants to eat Bounce flavored Marinara. Mmmmmm k?


1 comment:
Huh, who woulda thunk it? A dryer sheet? Really? I'll have to give that a go...
Post a Comment