When you're sick, your brain has free time.
Mine came up with this:
Why do I have to refrigerate left over frosting in a can but I don't have to refrigerate the cake that I frosted?
One of life's bigger questions, no?
Can you help me with with this one please?
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Uhm... maybe air is able to circulate around a cake more easily than inside a tub? I dunno, really.
Perhaps it's just that... well, how long does a cake survive on the counter? Really? A couple of days before its eaten? Frosting in its container may not last as long either (especially in this house), but it has a better chance of being forgotten and becoming host to a whole new form of life.
It could also be that the cake will go bad before the frosting will so they don't feel the need to worry you about it.
There's also the fact that the fridge can sometimes make cakes soggy and soggy cakes aren't much fun (though they're better than bone dry ones).
Oh, jeez. Now you got me going.
I think, theoretically speaking, that you could indeed leave the opened can of frosting on the counter, but by the time you were ready to ice the cake, it would've used up all the good non-refrigerated counter time and wouldn't last long on the cake. Did you get that? Not so sure I did....
We'll just add it to the list of food mysteries. There's another question... who gets to decide all of these food rules?
Post a Comment