With the holidays coming up I've got gift giving on my mind and I was wondering:
What is the most thoughtful gift you have ever received?
What is the best gift you have ever bought for yourself?
What is a gift or gifts you have given to someone else that made you feel so good inside you are so glad you gave it?
Think it over and let me know? I'm gonna post about it in a few weeks.
If you aren't comfortable posting your answer in comments or don't know how, you can email or text me your answer.
I'll be writing about it in a few weeks.
Please share?
**UPDATED TO ADD - I'm not looking to steal gift giving ideas. This is all in the spirit of thoughtfulness around the holidays**
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Gift giving is tricky, and thoughtful gift giving is even more difficult. I seem to either hit the nail on the head or fail spectacularly.
As for the most thoughtful gift I've ever gotten - once I saw a framed lithograph in the mall that I just loved in April or May. I oohed and aahed over it for a few moments, but gave up when I saw the price tag. Well, come September and I was opening my birthday gifts, there it was! Justin filed that little incident away in his brain and pulled it out for a fantastic birthday months later! The lithograph now hangs in our bedroom.
I'm not sure how that would help you with your gift giving, but it's one of my favorite gifts.
I also like what my mother-in-law does. She's a hoot. One year, she sent everyone inflatable furniture and another she sent out working wall-mounted gumball machines. She's also been known to send sushi band-aids and do-it-yourself cat treat kits.
So, it's a delicate balance - how much of your personality do you put into your gifts, and how much of the recipients?
As for what I buy myself, there usually aren't too many splurges. Normally just a lot of research into what Consumer Reports has to say. Sigh. It's the downside of practicality.
Well, for me, it's usually something hand-made. Those are the things that touch me the most, and that I usually get the most response from the recipient when I take the time to make something.
I've made everything from tins of cheeseballs and cookies to handknitting clothes for my neices and nephews. I guess I'm a homemade kinda gal. It's such a sweet gift to see the love and time put into something for you... especially if they took their time to do it well and think about what you'd want.
I dunno, maybe I'm lame, or people might see it as "cheap" - but quite honestly I end up spending more money on making some things than I would on buying a gift. :)
Oh, and I don't mind if you "steal gift giving ideas" from me!! :)
Post a Comment