That's called commitment, people.
So the other night we celebrated the anniversary of the very last time Carl proposed. You know, the one we ultimately celebrated with a wedding? We celebrated that milestone in our lives by watching the sun fall off the West Coast.
The sunset was beautiful.
First, let me say watching a sunset seems wrong in so many ways. You aren't supposed to look at the sun. Right? I know this. You probably know this. My brilliant husband Carl, however, told me that it was entirely okay to look at the sun as long as I used a CD. Remember this guy? The one with the Master's Degree? Who knows what they were teaching him at that school, but I tried it . For an entire minute I started directly at the sun through the center of the CD until I started crying. Only then did he tell me I was doing it wrong. I was supposed to do it like this:
After I gave up I started snapping pictures and you know what? The sun is beautiful when it falls off the end of the Earth!
Okay, truthfully, I should have put down the camera and stuck my nose in the CD because when the sun finally when down I was upset. I missed the entire thing. I missed it because I was so busy yelling at my camera because the "action" button didn't work the way I expected. Then I yelled at Carl because everything that doesn't work like I expect it to is his fault. Well and anniversaries just aren't anniversaries unless there is yelling.
That is how you make a marriage work.
Love you C1.


2 comments:
Nice. Sounds like a fantastic way to celebrate an anniversary! Just about died when I imagined you looking through the center of the CD!
I love the Pacific.
Wow - gorgeous!! And, I think your pics came out great! Happy Anniversary - sort of! ;o)
Post a Comment