Friday, October 10, 2008

A Sad Little Something

A sad little something followed some great news.

The great news?  My new migraine medicine works amazingly well.  My migraines still happen, and they still happen almost every week (yes, the great news is coming) but they last only an hour or two!  Yay!

The sad little something, you wonder?

My migraine medication made me lose my sense of taste.

That's right.  If I have a bad day and I want to gorge on chocolate, I can.  I just can't taste it.

That's right.  I can't taste chocolate.  At all.

It's like being on a diet and not being able to cheat.  

Part of me wondered if there was a way to move my tongue and rub the chocolate around on my cheeks until it melted.

Okay, I tried it.  It didn't work.

I can't even taste soda, and if you know me, you know I love my soda.

Anyway, I've had quite the week and last night I needed a glass of wine.  I tried to really hard to convince myself that all the bottles we had on hand went bad.  After I'd opened and tasted at least eleven bottles, my husband walked a tear stained and shaken woman back to bed and told me to "let it go".  

My life is over.  I can't taste.

I doubt I'll lose any weight because I'm not a quitter.

I wonder if I'll lose my sense of fashion?

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Honestly I'm not sure whether I pity you or envy you. Losing weight would be so much easier if I couldn't taste!

the mccann clan said...

OH!!! Is the migraine medicine worth it? I seriously haven't had a migraine before, so I don't know, but it seems like a hard thing to lose! :( I'm sorry. Maybe there is a silver lining and you'll be able to lose some weight? What I wouldn't give for that!!! ;o)

Elizabeth said...

stop taking the advil with the maxalt...