It's Tuesday so you know it must be GratiTuesday, time for me to give a little shout out to the Lord for something which I am eternally grateful.
Today I'm grateful for my JOB!
Yesterday my boss quit. When you work directly for someone and they quit, well you start to wonder what you'll be doing.
I started to panic that I might be let go. I'm not sure why I worried, but I did. I received a call later in the afternoon that my job was secure and that the SVP would like me to stay on the project.
I need to remember that I chose this. I don't have to work, I WANT to work. I could walk away at any moment and stay home. We would be okay. Maybe not as many dinners out. Maybe not as many Coach Bags or Naughty Monkey shoes. Maybe not as much Stampin!, but we'd make it.
I'm sure in days to come I'll be overwhelmed by the work left behind. I'll be frustrated and angry. I'll cry and stomp my feet (yes, I still do that).
Today I will find grace and peace in my work (before it kicks my ar$e), but I am grateful that I am able to work and that I have a job in this economy and okay, okay you caught me...I'm grateful that I have....no boss!


No comments:
Post a Comment