Tuesday, October 14, 2008

GratiTuesday

It's Tuesday so you know it's time for me to give a little shout out to the Lord for something which I am wickedly grateful.

Today's post is going to be all about my Grammy.  Remember how I told you I had the coolest mama in the entire rockin' world?  You know where you get a cool mama?  Well from the coolest Grammy in the entire world, of course.

Yesterday was Grammy's 80th Birthday.    I missed her fancy NY birthday celebration because my new boss is one of the biggest jerks in the entire world, but writing about how much I hate him wouldn't make my grammy's loving heart sing so we're going to skip that and I'm going to tell you some of the wonderful things about my g-ma.  

I can't tell you all of them cause they just won't fit in one post, but I do swear that after I tell you just a few things about her you'll wish she was your own.  She's THAT wonderful.  

Seriously.

For starters, my g-ma is the most selfless person I have ever met in my entire life.

For example:

If you buy g-ma chocolate cake for her birthday she will declare that chocolate is her favorite cake in the entire world and she will love on the cake, and the buyer of said cake, for hours to show her appreciation.

If you are out to eat with the very same g-ma and a chocolate cake is delivered to your table and only one piece remains with two empty plates, that very same g-ma will declare that she never really did care for chocolate cake all that much anyway.

Secondly, G-ma is hilarious.  A few months back I called her to see how g-pa was feeling after a little bout with the flu.  Of course, she's 79 at the time so I wouldn't catch her sitting on the couch when I called.  Oh, no.  I had to leave a message because she might be at the gym teaching calisthenics or at the church cleaning.  G-ma never sits still.  One time I asked her why and she told me people who sit still sometimes don't get up.  Anyway, I called to see how g-pa was feeling and when she finally called me back her answer was, old.  That's right.  She said, he's old.  She wondered why I was surprised by that.

My favorite memories of grammy involve her cooking.  That woman makes amazing home made gravy and even better squash.  Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.  Whenever I'm sick and feeling dumpy I want gravy and squash.  Not chicken noodle soup or  tea.  Just gravy, squash and grammy.

So today I am so thankful that I not only got the coolest mom in the entire world, but I bonused when she did too!

Love you Grammy!

1 comment:

the mccann clan said...

Very cool! Gotta love that. Happy Birthday, Grammy! :)

PS - My Grandma turned 90 too, back in August!