I've been having some trouble with GratiTuesday lately. Not because I have trouble being grateful, but because as I write, I feel almost as if I'm bragging.
Today I was going to write about how grateful I was that my mom could afford to visit us each month because I love her company but the more I thought about it, the more it sounded braggy. Does that sound braggy? Like, "haha my mom has enough money to visit"? I never meant for it to come off that way. Agh. Carl said it did.
So I'm going to write about something else but would y'all weigh in on my gratefulness delivery? Does it come off that way? Should I ditch the GratiTuesday idea in lieu of something else? No good deed goes unpunished, does it?
DELETE and REWRITE.
I'm grateful for the Internet!
For example, just last night I wanted to tell my mom a story but it was late and I thought she might already be in bed so I typed up my notes and hit send. Instantly the story was waiting for her in her Inbox for a morning read!
Another reason I love the Internet is that I live in a small town that is practically worthless when it comes to shopping. What do I do when I need, yes I said need, something? I go online!
What about blogging? How would you ever know that I'm a grateful bragger if I didn't get on the 'ole Internet and start typing away?!?
My friend E lives in Nova Scotia. Yah, that's right, Canada. Not easy to make the connection without a quick email. Blessings of the Internet? I talk to her almost everyday!
And finally, Google. How would I instantly know the answer to EVERYTHING if it weren't for Google (and Wikipedia)?
My love for the Internet is endless and a little braggy.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Tell Carl I said it's not bragging when it's your Mother you are talking about!
Since it's GratiTuesday, I'm incredibly, mind-numbingly thankful to have our house to ourselves again (wish I could post that on my own blog).
As for your gratitudes, I'm more jealous of you enjoying your visits with your mother than I am of her being able to afford to visit! You're lucky!
Not braggy - thankful! :) Keep up the GratiTuesdays, I like them! :)
Post a Comment