Tuesday, July 8, 2008

GratiTuesday


It's time for a little shout out to the Lord, so you know it must be GratuiTuesday, where I can be vocally thankful for something in my life.

Currently there are 800 square miles of California burning.  There are 330 fires being furiously fought.  35 minutes from the place I call home burns day and night with no signs of letting up.

Today I am grateful for the men and women who put their lives on the line to protect my home, my family and my safety.

Thank you.  

And even though you aren't fighting California fires, your job is no less important.  So to my favorite cousin, Dink - Thank you too.  For volunteering your life for all of us.





2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Every time fire season comes I'm grateful that my house doesn't burn.

We still have a few months to go for this Season.

So I'm both thankful and nervous, but I've always been neurotic like that.

SpaceManPic said...

I must agree. A big thank you to all that serve and served to protect us...military and civilian alike.