WFMW is a "blog carnival" that my friend Shannon hosts. Basically, the idea is that on Wednesday you post a little tip you've learned on any (G-rated) topic--anything that has "worked for you" in making your life easier.Oh my, and if you have the time (and you can always link back later) you will learn so much.
Now that the bloggity business of explaining WFMW has been handled, here is my contribution:
Microwave Cleaning.
Possibly the nastiest job on the planet. My husband never uses a cover.
Ever.
Splatter abounds in the microwave. Eck.
Since we no longer have a housekeeper I had to tackle this one on my own. Since I HATE cleaning, I, of course, had to come up with a "work smarter, not harder" plan.
Some company used to make wet paper towels in a package that you could cook and they cleaned your microwave. I thought it was genius but I've never been able to find them again. Apparently, someone thought they could do it better.
And there it was.
I soaked an old rag in water and placed it in a dish in the microwave. I cooked it on HIGH for about 4 minutes. After the timer went off I let it set for about 2 more minutes. The steam took action! I put on a glove and used the HOT (hot hot hot- be careful) rag to wipe down the microwave and - wah lah- sparkly clean.
That's all I did. I'm on cleaning vacation now and it's Hungry Husband's turn. Only one of us can look good. It's either me or the house.


1 comment:
How 'bout "What I Wish Worked for Me Wednesday?"
I wish happy thoughts would banish excess pudge.
Post a Comment