Remember when I told you I would share recipes as long as they met my rules?
Well here is one that I Love. Love. Love.
Except that it never turns out quite right because, well, I get to shop at the commissary and they never have ANYTHING *ahem* but I'm very grateful for their good deals.
Since all military wives rotate the same five recipes for every function you have to come up with something fresh and innovative or your five recipe ingredients will not be at the commissary.
So if you make it like the recipe says you get yummy, pretty, pineapple pie.
Yum.
If you make it with commissary ingredients you get yummy, pineapple pie that looks something like chunky vomit but tastes oh so good. I just use extra cool whip to cover the vomit chunks - oh and kids love it when you tell them you brought vomit pie to their parent's BBQ.
Trust me on this one. I'm good with the kids.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Cake (aka Vomit Pie)
Ingredients:
20 oz Crushed Pineapple
6 oz Pineapple Jello (or if you shop at the commissary Orange, Pineapple, Pomegranate Jello)
Block of Cream Cheese
Cool Whip
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Drain the juice from the pineapple and set the pineapple aside. I give mine a good squeeze so I have plenty of juice.
Empty the Jello packs into the juice and microwave until the Jello dissolves. Add the cream cheese and pineapple pieces to the the Jello and mix it all together.
I imagine if you stick with it long enough it would get smooth and creamy. I'm impatient.
Put Jello mixture in pie crust and place in fridge until it's almost time to go.
Top with the Cool Whip until it looks pretty.
Use extra if you're stuck with orange Jello.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment