I've always been a crafter and I've even made a few quilts, but I'm making this one with a friend and that makes it EXTRA special. I'm also not giving it away. Its Pink and it's Mine.
Cassandra and I drove (well Cassandra drove her gas hating PRIUS) all over California to help me find the perfect fabric for the first quilt I will ever make FOR MYSELF!

Check out this sign outside of the cutest quilt store I've ever visited. Cute huh??
The shop is owned by a pink haired woman in saddle shoes and her purple haired rocker husband.
They both quilt.
For reals.
They decorated the inside of the store with vintage items handed down from her grandmother who was a master seamstress. The place is FUN. The best part is that every fabric, no matter the size, shape, color, is $5 a yard. That's all. $5. They don't have a ton of choices but I would say they have a better than average selection.
I bought all my fabric there and now I'm off to cut the quilt sandwiches for sewing. I'll post pictures as I go, but don't get too excited.
It was for me, remember?
So just picture a pink quilt.


1 comment:
Picture a super FANTASTIC pink quilt!
I love the fabric you chose, by the way. Any time you want to start another, let me know! I'll drive to the ends of the earth if it means cute fabric!
The Creation Station is a blast.
One of these days I've got to show you the store in Carpinteria.
Post a Comment