Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

My husband has to work today. Of course he does. I mean, it's only the Fourth of July. So I cased this adorable idea from here and intended to make them for his staff. I bought everything at Michaels to make them in time for the Fourth.


Too bad no one in California sells LifeSavers in a roll anymore. When did that happen? Now they come in a tin? Who in the world wants a firecracker tin? I had to scratch the idea. The closest thing I could find was a tube of breath mints. You can't hardly spend a day sucking on breath mints and feeling very good about it so I scrapped the idea. Does anyone need a million yards of red, white, and blue stars?

On another note (haha) check out this classic performance. It gives me goosepimples EVERY TIME.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Sorry you had a rough time finding LifeSavers in a roll! If you want to give it another shot next year, you can get them online here: http://www.nationwidecandy.com/CANDY/itemdesc.asp?ic=801202&eq=&Tp=

Sorry it's a day late and a dollar short for this year.

I'm all about the online shopping.